If you are considering launching a lawsuit as a Plaintiff or are a Defendant in a Small Claims Court matter, Whalen Legal Services may be able to assist you.
The maximum amount you can claim or be sued for in Small Claims Court is $35,000.
There is a two-year limitation period in most cases if you are considering initiating a Small Claims Court lawsuit with respect to money that is owed to you under an agreement or for damages incurred.
- Recuperating money owed to you for goods or services sold and/or received
- Tort Law & Contract Law
- Personal injuries
- Breach of Contract
- Breach of Warranty
- Breach of Conditions
- Property damage
- Loans that are unpaid
Once retained, Whalen Legal Services will handle all aspects of your case including:
- Drafting, filing, and serving a Plaintiff’s Claim, Defence, and/or Defendant’s Claim
- Attending Settlement Conferences as your legal representative
- Preparing and filing Noting on Default
- Preparing and filing Default Judgment
- Attending Assessment Hearing
- Hearing Representation
- Trial Representation
- Preparing and filing Notice of Garnishment
- Preparing and filing Enforcement Requests
- Preparing and filing Writ of Seizure
For more information on the Small Claims Court, click here.
Contact Whalen Legal Services by e-mail, online or by phone at 613-583-3804 to book an appointment for a confidential, no-cost consultation.